- You must observe all Public Health Orders and the COVID-19 Plans of the Drummoyne Sailing Club (DSC) at all times and in priority to this plan (in the case of inconsistencies).
- If you, your skipper, your crew or anyone close to these people:
- develop symptoms of fever, sore throat, dry cough, or fatigue
- have visited Victoria in the last 14 days
- have attended any of the reported case locations listed on the NSW Health website
- are waiting on a Covid19 test result, or
- are required under the Public Health Orders to self-isolate; you are not permitted to attend DSC nor participate in any sailing or training activities. If a boat is unable to race in an organised competition as set out above, the boat will be awarded average points.
- As far as practicable please keep 1.5m apart at all times.
- It is the responsibility of all skippers to collect and retain for 28 days the details of all crew sailing on their boat. These details must be able to be produced for contact tracing if required.
- DSC will maintain a register to collect contact details (full name and either phone or email) for all sailors, officials, parents/carers and spectators attending the training or sailing. This information will be passed onto NSW Heath in the event that it is required for contact tracing. DSC are required to keep these details for 28 days.
- Access to the Drummoyne Sailing Club for dining is only via the club’s main entrance level. Access for aquatic activities will be available via the Sailor’s Bar on the lower car park level. Please note the numbers of members and guests allowed in the club and on the lower level are limited and contact details and ID will be requested.
Planning & Arrival:
- Please bring all lunch, snacks and drinks for the sailors; no food, lollies, snacks or drinks to be provided or shared (food may also be available at the club bistro and nearby shops).
- Please limit attendees at DSC where possible to skippers and crew. For junior sailors it is a Government requirement for community sport that a maximum of one parent/carer attend per participant.
- Do not loiter in groups in the car park; proceed to get your boat rigged in a timely fashion.
- Showers and toilet block will be accessible to sailors (together with their carer if required) via the ground level side door; registered access is limited to 2 people at a time; where possible please arrive dressed in sailing gear (or partially dressed) and limit time in the restrooms.
- If parents/carers plan to stay for lunch or dinner at DSC on either day we encourage you to book a table (tables are limited to 10).
- Please encourage sailors to rig their boat and get dressed promptly to get on the water as soon as possible.
- Use hand sanitiser and wash hands regularly. Hand sanitiser will be available on the outside deck and at the entrances to the boat storage shed.
On the Beach & Pack down:
- Maintain 1.5m social distancing whenever possible, this is assisted by adequate spacing of boats when rigging and de-rigging.
- Hand sanitiser will be available for all sailors and spectators.
- Training groups are limited to 20 people including coaches and volunteers. Please follow the directions of the instructors and coaches.
- If there is a line up of boats waiting to use hoses, please keep your distance and wait your turn patiently.
- Rig and de-rig/put away the boat promptly with no loitering in the car park.
- Maintain 1.5m physical distancing at all times. Only two people per support boat (DSC-1 may have four).
- All shared boats must be thoroughly washed down after use. Boat wash and sanitiser spray is available at the entrance to the boat shed. Control surfaces must be sanitised after each use.
- All attendees are required to provide DSC with contact details. Registration facilities will be available at the main entrance and at the Sailors bar on the lower car park level. Please leave adequate time for this. Hand sanitiser is available in the foyer and in the Sailors Bar.
- Tables will be spaced apart in accordance with the Covid-19 plan of DSC, with no more than 10 people permitted on one table.
- If consuming beverages or food in the Club, patrons are required to remain seated.
- As far as practicable please keep 1.5m apart at all times and remain seated.